Full Stack Developer
This job offer is expired
We are building and maintaining an innovative new financial markets research platform and are looking for engineers to grow our development team based in London!
The company provides financial analysis to some of the world's largest financial institutions and hedge funds - covering foreign exchange, equities, commodities, fixed income markets and more.
What we build…
A client-facing platform that distributes financial analysis through our website (continuumeconomics.com built with Laravel+Vue.js), Email (SendGrid, Pardot), REST APIs, and content feeds to various partners. Internal tools including custom CMS (Laravel+Vue.js), desktop application to support our analyst’s work (Vue.js on Electron), analytics dashboards, subscription management tools & more.
- Working as a key member of the product team.
- Building products following agile & iterative development practices.
- Working across the full product lifecycle, from idea creation & design through deployment and beyond, comfortable working with designers, project managers, and other business stakeholders.
- Identifying improvements to the development and delivery processes.
- Further developing our internal tooling: CMS, Analytics, Salesforce, Mobile App
- Kind, positive, respectful, a team player ready to contribute.
- You have 5+ years of experience in PHP as a mid to senior-level engineer
- Excellent working knowledge of modern PHP 7.x development
- Experience working with Laravel
- Experience with Vue.js or similar
- Comfortable working with Html / Sass
- Understanding of unit testing and test-driven development
- Relational Databases such as MySQL & PostgreSQL
- Version Control with Git
- Comfortable navigating & configuring a Linux server (test & production)
- Right to work in the UK
Preferred, But Not Essential:
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Computer Science.
- Experience with Mobile Development, Python or Salesforce Apex is a plus but not required.
- Experience building REST APIs, RSS Feed or XML feeds is a plus
- Experience with, or interest in, financial markets, economics and statistics is a plus.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, we can only respond to those applicants whom we wish to interview.