Full Stack Developer
This job offer is expired
This is a dynamic opportunity to join a rapidly-expanding company that has revolutionized the way pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies define their sales strategies. BPI leverages its proprietary software platform to track and analyze medical information in near real-time. Our customers include Fortune 500 biotechnology and medical technology manufacturers.
Come join our team of fun, friendly, and knowledgeable developers as we build a comprehensive payer policy database… then go home and enjoy time with your family and other interests, as we value a healthy work-life balance.
We are looking for self-directed candidates who are ready to experiment with finding solutions for difficult problems: people who appreciate a challenge, aren't afraid of asking questions, and enjoy working with others.
We expect you’ve worked with a variety of technologies and through that experience have learned how to pick up new technologies quickly.
Experience and Skills
- 5+ years building a variety of web applications.
- Experience working with modern frameworks such as Rails, Zend, Laravel, and Django.
- Writes tests early on and values decoupled easily testable code.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering discipline or equivalent.
- Excellent debugging, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills.
- Knows how to structure applications for long term maintenance and ongoing flexibility.
- Candidate must have good communication skills (written and verbal), and be a fast learner.
- Strong understanding of common web exploits with knowledge on how to prevent them.
- Experience writing and reading RESTful APIs.
- Very comfortable with PostgreSQL.
Good to have:
- Experience communicating directly with customers to synthesize their requirements and align it with business goals.
- Ability to work effectively with object oriented code and with functional programming styles.
- Knowledge of the medical insurance industry and the ability to speak directly to medical professionals.
- Experience working with React, webpack and other modern web development tool chains.
- Knowledge of distributed design patterns an asset.
About the Team
We’re a team of engaged developers who love building reliable, scalable systems that solve direct customer problems. We’re an easy-going team and have found value in being open to learn new technologies and eager to dive into our applications to tackle a wide variety of technical issues.
As a team we are making significant investments into our tech stack by improving our data structure, increasing automation, scalability, and software quality. We have a challenging problem of building a comprehensive database of payer policy data and keeping it up to date.
What we offer...
- Competitive compensation package including health, dental, life and extended health benefits
- Educational and Tuition Assistance
- Paid sick days and paid time off
- Remote work option (once a week)
- Healthy work-life balance (flexible work schedule)
- Great company culture with fun team-building and monthly social events
We offer our employees the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to
the success of a dynamic organization, and to strive for excellence in everything we do.
BPI is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are
available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Our office located in the heart of Robson in Downtown Vancouver, BC. To learn more about our company, please visit www.bpi-software.