Senior Backend PHP Developer
This job offer is expired
For our Poker Group at Azerion Head Quarters in Amsterdam we are looking for a Senior Back-End Developer (PHP).
Are you keen to join our family? Keep reading. We hope to meet you soon!
About the team
The Poker group focuses on multiplayer and cross platform online poker games such as Governor of Poker, Monopoly Poker and others.
We work in an international, young and dynamic team on the biggest Dutch Mobile game ever made. Working on a big multiplayer game that's being played by millions across the world is challenging but fun! Every improvement can have a big effect.
Besides working together, we are friends, have fun and try to hang out outside work as well. You will have a lot of freedom within the team to learn and create opportunities for yourself and others.
What you will be doing in this role
You will be working with a great and relatively small team to create new product features, improve stability and maintain the game.
There is a deploy each month that needs your work, such as a new gifting calendar, a team feature, a code improvement for claiming achievements. You will work in sprints for the next deliverable.
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Creating (new) product features and improvements
* Working on regular deployments
* Using a wide variety of languages (PHP , Laravel, Node.js, Java, mySQL.
* Increasing performance of the game for users
* Bug Fixing
What you are able to bring to the table
* Extensive experience as Back-end Developer in an online technical environment
* PHP experience
* SQL knowledge
* Worked with high-traffic websites/games and services
* Experience with Laravel framework
* Sound knowledge and experience with Apache, MySQL, GIT and Linux servers
* Previously worked in an Agile environment
* Preferably Java knowledge (plus some others as well)
* Worked with AWS, Continuous Delivery, TeamCity, Redis and Smartfox(as an extra)
* You have a healthy pragmatic attitude, “being smart, getting things done”
* A liking for an informal but professional atmosphere
What we offer you:
* The opportunity to work at an innovative, high-paced company, near Amsterdam
* An informal yet professional international working environment
* Room for personal development in a highly skilled and motivated team
* Money in your bank every month
* Travel cost reimbursement OR an NS Business Card to cover public transport
* Laptop/desktop with OS and IDE of choice
* Lunch is provided
* Flexible working hours
* Weekly optional workout programs like boxing.
* Entertainment and gaming area where you can unwind