← Back to all jobs
Senior Application Engineer
This job offer is expired
Float is the world's leading resource scheduling app, helping more than 3,000 creative teams plan their time.
We're seeking a Senior Application Engineer who is excited by the prospect of working with a small, highly-skilled engineering team to scale a fast-growing SaaS product. The ideal candidate is a talented, reliable PHP-focused programmer who is also experienced and enthusiastic about node.js application development.
You will help us build great features, scale, and maintain our codebase while supporting a wide variety of technologies. You should be familiar with modern microservice development and its associated benefits (and challenges) in creating stable, performant, rapidly deployable services.
Here's an example of what that might look like:
- Develop and test our next-generation applications
- Architect and extend our microservice suite for enhanced scalability and performance
- Optimize data structures, queries, and caching strategies
- Add new features to meet the needs of our customers
- Deliver performance enhancements
- Reviewing the engineering team's technical proposals and code
- Help our support team triage technical and application-related issues
- Contribute to internal tools to help our engineers, sales and customer support teams work more efficiently
This is a 100% remote position. You’ll report directly to our CTO, who is based in New York.
- Expert proficiency with PHP in a production environment
- Expert proficiency with relational and NoSQL databases (MySQL, MongoDB) and query languages)
- Expertise with current PHP frameworks such as Yii 2, Laravel, CodeIgniter, Symfony, etc., in a production environment
- Extensive experience with microservice-based architecture in production
- Experience with software containerization (Docker, Kubernetes) and serverless computing
- Experience developing REST APIs
- Experience with cloud computing vendors: GCP (preferred), AWS, Azure.
Bonus points for:
- Expertise with node.js (or other programming language) in a production environment
- Experience with message-queueing software and/or pub/sub-applications
- Developing integrations with third-party APIs
- Experience with CircleCI, Jenkins and/or similar CI/CD applications
- Experience with testing, monitoring, and other SRE methodologies
- Experience with security compliance standards
You are passionate about data and developing applications that communicate through elegantly designed, well-defined systems that meet specific business goals.
You're a great communicator, naturally curious and comfortable diving in and helping out without ego.
You'll have strong experience in a collaborative environment working with web applications, preferably B2B SaaS apps.
You should consider yourself an expert in:
- PHP 7: native and MVC framework, e.g., Yii/Yii2 (5+ years)
- REST API management, tools and documentation
- Relational and NoSql database development: MySql, MongoDB
- Source control workflow: Git, GitHub, GitFlow
- Microservices architecture and deployment
💼 Co-working expense budget: A budget for when you'd like to work out of home.
🏖 Work where you want: As long as you have great internet speeds, be wherever you want to be.
🏰 Annual team meet-up: We get together as a full team every year. The last two were in Athens and Lisbon.
⚕Medical, dental & vision: In the US, we pay 50% of your coverage, including partners and children.
🖥 Home Office Expense Budget: We help you kickstart or upgrade your home office setup.
💰Team Liquidity Pool: Rewarding our team if there's ever an exit
We’re a 100% remote and global team. We’re looking for the best of the best, so your location is not important. We encourage people of different backgrounds and perspectives to join our team and deliver their best work.
The salary range is US $110K - $140K. Compensation is benchmarked relative to experience and equitable to other roles at Float. If you are based outside the US, as half our team is, you will be hired as a contractor.
Applications close on Friday, 1st May.