Chief Technical Officer
The Grammy’s. The FedEx Open. The BET Awards. Over 60,000 weddings. These are a few of the events that our customers have Curated. We’ve given small business owners around the globe hundreds of thousands of hours back to their families and businesses. And we’d like you to lead our team in St. Louis in finding more businesses to help more deeply.
Fair warning to all who read...it’s far from a bed of roses. We’ve got product-market fit but we’re still young with life-changing, last-minute opportunities that you’ll be expected to respond to. Then we need you to help us implement processes and policies to handle those last-minute situations better in the future. We expect you to coach a professional team of developers and other coaches while at the same time managing development projects. On top of that, our founder is annoyingly data-driven and will want to understand the data behind your suggestions and proof that they are improvements to our current structure. (Our founder knows we’re looking for a CTO.) We expect you to interrupt and argue with decisions and ideas that you consider flawed, including against the founder. You also accept frank feedback from your reports enthusiastically. You’ll have to be excited when you leave a meeting with technical concessions because, in the long term, you’ll end up helping more small businesses. We’re extremely transparent (most meetings are held here with open doors) and when we talk about our investment into development, your salary is going to be out there. If you’re still reading...
Why would you want to work here anyways? Because you’ll be leading the charge to bring incredible enterprise tools to small businesses. Because of stories like Whitney Fredin - https://curate.wistia.com/medias/2yc0skekgd Because you’ll be able to set the vision for our development organization including all aspects of software development, security, deployment, as well as the reliability of the product and supporting internal applications. Because you’ll get to be involved in deep strategic conversations about SaaS economics and a sales funnel. Because you’ll get to be involved in all the messiness of a startup and be able to take ownership of projects that nobody even thought about out. And we’d love to check out your resume if this is you.
- Making an impact on thousands of small businesses bring tools to them they’ve never had before.
- Equity. Competitive Salary. Health and Dental insurance. Unlimited PTO.
- The thrill of getting into a fast-growing start-up early and growing through the process.
- Develop (hands-on) and own technical aspects of the company’s strategy to ensure alignment to with data and insights-driven business goals.
- Develop and manage strong relationships with each of our software engineers, identifying opportunities for professional growth
- Work with leadership to help define and then deliver on company product strategy.
- Supervise system infrastructure to ensure functionality, stability, manageability, and efficiency.
- Coordinate the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future technologies while maintaining a technological and competitive edge within the market.
- Manage teams distributed across multiple time zones and countries.
- Evaluate and prioritize roadmap initiatives
- Lead cross-functional communication across all teams in the business by communicating critical technical challenges.
- Be the gatekeeper of the technical department and protect the integrity of our code-base.
- Work closely with Product team to establish a release strategy for the company.
- Collaborate with sales and product teams to identify value adds for customers and additional opportunities for revenue
- Document practices that will scale as we grow
- Develop long term plan for repeatable processes, growth and continued improvement of high-quality software.
- 6+ years of software engineering management experience, driving development team to successful product release.
- Team player who can work with a small group and continue to grow the group into a larger team or set of teams.
- Experiencing leading, hiring, and firing
- Able to participate in gathering necessary metrics for growth planning.
- Proven experience in a technology leadership position.
- Excellent understanding of project management principles.
- Demonstrated ability to apply technology solutions to business problems.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Knowledge of technology trends to build strategy.
- Understanding of budgets and business-planning.
- Experience with compliance auditing (SOC, GDPR, etc.)
- Experience with AWS, React, and Laravel
- Proven track record of success working at start-ups.
- B2B SaaS Experience.