Software Tester / QA
This job offer is expired
Do you want to develop your career as a Software Tester? Do you want the opportunity to learn and grow within a revolutionary company? Do you have the energy, enthusiasm, good sense of humour and drive to help push James and James Fulfilment toward our global aspirations? Good, because we're looking for a Software Tester to join our Tech team.
Youre keen to make a difference, passionate about breaking the mould, a good team player. Youre ambitious, driven and unstoppable.
- Git & Github
- Experience with Jira, MySQL, JQuery, Symfony, Laravel and G-Suite apps would be desirable, but not essential
- 2 years in a Software Testing/Quality Assurance role
- UX or HCI experience (desirable)
- GCSE Cs or above in Maths and English
- A Level Maths and English (desirable)
- Relevant degree (desirable)
- Effective communicator
- Good interpersonal skills
- Innovative thinker
Our clients love us, our people love us, our competitors envy us.
Were exceptional. We have taken an old fashioned industry and thrust it into the modern digital world. Were growing 200% each year and our innovative fulfilment technology service operates on three continents and counting.
If youre exceptional too, then get in touch today.
Reporting to the Software Development Manager, the purpose of the ST is to help James and James tech department reach its goals by providing testing support and QA consistency throughout our project development process. Youll be responsible for upholding and taking part in our existing development quality process (code peer reviews, functional testing and stakeholder verification), expanding this process to include automated testing and advising on best practice.
In this role youll have a chance to introduce automated testing and perhaps test driven development to an existing highly skilled team working on an all new project in PHP7 (and other shiny things) who are also supporting a legacy codebase in PHP5.6/Symfony that will provide a more challenging test environment.
Your duties will include:
- Develop and execute automated and manual tests
- Document tests and work closely with our development teams
- Evaluate tests written by developers for completeness and sanity
- Investigate and document software bugs
- Ensuring the team works towards a high James and James standard
This position comes with a competitive salary and benefits package with a focus on innovation, personal development and learning, plus a great work culture; see what Ross has to say.
If you are exceptional and have the skills to boot, please apply with your CV and covering letter - keep it concise and show us your personality!
Due to the volume of applicants, it's not always possible to respond to every candidate. If you do not hear back from us within 7 days, then you have not been successful in your application.