Hiring Developers in TOKYO, JAPAN
This job offer is expired
Interested in working in Japan? This is your chance!
Diversity is one of Rakuten's key corporate strategies.
We continuosly want to hire the best and brightest talent from around the world who are interested in a work abroad experience in Tokyo, Japan. We believe diversity brings us unique and different perspectives.
As an engineer at Rakuten, you will work on designing and developing platforms and services that support our ecosystem of 40+ products in the field of e-commerce such as ad distribution platforms or online travel reservation platforms. We provide an English speaking work environment in Japan.
This is your chance to be part of global projects as part of agile, culturally diverse teams and regularly interface with colleagues around the world.
Upon your application, please include which ROLE you are interested in, and your TECHNOLOGY SKILL sets
- Senior Software Engineer (PHP)
- Senior Application Engineer (Java)
- Senior Front-end Developer
- Database Administrator for NoSQL
- Senior Service QA Engineer
- Test Engineer
- Support for getting visa
- Library (individual study space)
- Commuting expenses
- Cafetaria (free breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Rakuten club activities
- Using company facilities, such as gym, massage, salon, etc.
If you're interested in applying, please apply with your CV attached.
<Software Engineer / Application Engineer> either PHP or Java
- At least 6(six) years professional experience in web development
- Experience with PHP MVC frameworks (Symfony, Laravel, etc.)
- Experience with MySQL, LINUX Operation
- Experience using and integrating REST APIs into web applications
- Knowledge of web libraries and frameworks such as JQuery, Angular JS, Node
- At least 7(seven) years of building Java applications, preferably backend services with APIs.
- Strong experience developing web services (using XML and JSON- Spring MVC/REST, SOAP, a plus.)
<Database Administrator for NoSQL>
- 3+ years development experience using Mongodb and other NoSQL database concepts
- 3+ years of Java Development
- Experience in designing and implementing NoSQL solutions (esp. Mongodb 3.0x), creating new clusters, adding and removing nodes, and capacity planning, and monitoring.
- Strong performance tuning and troubleshooting skills
- ISTQB Foundation level or similar QA certification (IVEC)
- 5+ years experience building & performing test process in big corporate or startup QA environment
- Experience in design system tests for new features
- 3+ years of experience with git/github, Jenkins, Nexus and/or other build and continuous integration systems.
- Infrastructure management with Docker, Chef, etc.
- Ability to script in Ruby.
- 6+ years of hands on experience administering/monitoring high performance, high availability database clusters
- 3+ years of experience with multiple database technologies that include 2 or more of Oracle Exadata, MySQL, MongoDB, Couchbase, Redis, elastic search.
- Experience with large, high volume, mission critical environments.
- Train and mentor DBA team members as needed.
- 3+ years of experience in project management for web application
- Knowledge of web app development including infrastructure, database, etc.
- Motivated to work on growing and expanding existing products.
- 3+ years of experience in web system development using Ruby/Ruby on Rails.
- Possess high communication as this would involve communication with stakeholders.