Senior Backend Engineer RoR / Node.JS (f/m/d)
This job offer is expired
We are looking for experienced Backend Engineers to join our Infrastructure teams.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Deliver high quality web applications from designing and iterating new features into production in short sprint cycles
- Independently build, maintain and take on ownership of complex software modules and services
- Collaborate cross-functionally to inform API design and architectural decisions
- Maintain and make use of a good overview of the overall technology stack and infrastructure
- Shape, facilitate and survey coding guidelines and quality standards
- Understand and take ownership the system performance and health
- React, troubleshoot and solve operational events (bugs and incidents)
- Independently focus on continuous learning and improvement and drive the evolution of our engineering practices
- Experience with Ruby (RoR) and/or Node.JS
- Proven experience in at least one other server-side framework
- Knowledge in building scalable distributed systems and architectures
- Knowledge in testing on different levels: unit, integration, contract and E2E
- Experience with monitoring systems
- Experienced in maintenance of complex code bases and driving down technical debt
- Solid understanding of lean and agile practices
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Nice to have:
- Experience in using cloud services (ideally AWS)
- Experience with NoSQL databases (DynamoDB, MongoDB)
- Experience with any infrastructure as code tool (ideally Terraform)
- Basic knowledge of statistics necessary to set up and understand metrics
Babbel is the world’s most successful language learning app. Work with us to make a real impact in the world, in a meaningful way.
- We’re driven by a bold challenge
- We solve meaningful problems - at scale.
- Diversity and difference are our strengths; lifelong learning is our life’s blood
- Work within a high-performing team at Babbel.
- Tackle a steep learning-curve – personally and professionally.
- Work in a challenging environment and where you’re expected to bring your game face
- Take advantage of a lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours.
- Draw from a vibrant international company with people from over 50 different nationalities.
- We offer great company benefits (high-end company bike, fresh fruit & drinks).
Questions about a career at Babbel? Contact us!