Software Development Engineer
This job offer is expired
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world’s best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for planning, designing, and implementing new software and web applications supporting the TPX Portfolio Management team. Deploys new applications based on defined business requirements with an Agile mindset and solution architecture responsive to change. Maintains and extends existing applications to new business use cases through feature enhancements and application scaling. Implements, tests, and debugs defined software components. Performs code maintenance as required, such as updates to user interface, APIs, corporate authentication, security requirements, and handling of backend data. Documents all development activity. Works with moderate guidance in own area of knowledge.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Analyzes and determines software integration needs.
- Evaluates and plans software designs, test results and technical manuals.
- Reviews literature, patents, and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Programs new software and web applications and supports new applications under development and the customization of current applications.
- Edits and reviews technical requirements documentation.
- Conducts Quality Assurance to determine if applications fit specification and technical requirements and comply with organizational security standards.
- Displays knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts, skills, and their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Displays knowledge of, and ability to apply, process design and redesign skills.
- Displays in-depth knowledge of, and ability to apply, project management skills.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Required Technical Skills
- Principles of Object-oriented design
- Ruby on Rails
- Web Services and REST API
- Model-view-controller (MVC) architecture
- Data structures: JSON parsing, arrays, hashes
- Security: OAuth, Single Sign-On (SSO)
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study
- Computer Science, Engineering
- Agile Development, Scrum Methodology, or related certification a plus
Years of Experience
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
Comcast is an EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer