← Back to all jobs
Cloud and Rails Security Engineer
This job offer is expired
“Terrific founders with technical and domain expertise, totally focused on customer success. Their progress in the first two years is amazing.” - One of our investors
Retailers use archaic, old systems that don't work (think fax machines and voicemails). We're replacing the core operational processes with a modern platform that our customers love. Help us transform a $4.4 trillion industry and improve the way millions of people work. Major retailers like Gap, Nike, LEGO, and Old Navy are already using Zipline every day, but there is so much more to do!
We are looking for our first dedicated Cloud Security Engineer to join our team as the surface area of our product and infrastructure continue to scale and keep up with rapid customer growth.
“I think I just shed a tear. This is great!” – One of our Fortune 100 customers
Here are some projects we're excited for you to work on
- Security strategies such as static analysis, alerting, logging, and monitoring
- Interface with the rest of engineering and product teams by building common libraries and processes for all of engineering to leverage
- Scoping and managing third party assessment and compliance vendors
- Security-oriented feature development
- Collaboration with infrastructure team on security-oriented infrastructure topics
- Evangelize security best practices for product and engineering teams
What we look for
- You have significant relevant production experience with large scale web applications
- You have great written and verbal communication skills.
- You prefer taking projects from inception to completion, and are outcome oriented.
- You have 3+ years experience in web application security
- You have a strong understanding of security architecture, risk analysis, network security, identity management, and security monitoring.
- You proactive with communication and have no problem managing your time as a remote employee.
- You are proud of your craft, and enjoy and value clean code that scales to keep large teams productive.
- Bonus points:
- CSSP certified
- scaled security for another cloud startup
- experience with retailers
Technologies you'll work with
- Ruby on Rails
- Postgres, Redis, Elasticsearch
- Typescript, React, Webpack
- AWS, Heroku, Ansible, Digital Ocean
- Remote: Join an effective remote team and work where you're comfortable.
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Twice annual company off-sites in fun locations. We've done New York, Costa Rica, Whistler, and Palm Springs.
- Learning: Sponsorship of meetup and conference attendance.
- Great team: Working with fun, hard working, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
More remote rails jobs
Backend Rails Engineer Retail Zipline
Remote Ruby On Rails Developer Dealer Inspire
Ruby on Rails Engineer Clevertech