API Engineer (Ruby on Rails)
This job offer is expired
Our API Engineers are responsible for building tools, setting direction, architecture, and maintaining best practices for building out a large scale API for a large cloud-based enterprise application in the construction industry. Engineers work with all of our departments from sales, account management, support and product; with a strong emphasis on the ability to speak with clients and integrators to understand user needs. Our tools of choice are Ruby on Rails, ReactJS, and PostgreSQL. Our mobile apps consume our API to provide access to many of Procore’s tools on iOS, Android, and Windows.
This position is based at our headquarters in Carpinteria, CA on the bluffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What you will do:
- Help guide API development for a large scale application
- Help internally evangelize best practices and architecture
- Develop & deliver products in a timely manner
- Make architectural design decisions that improve scalability & performance
- Build products that meet the customer’s needs
- Exercise code reviews & provide constructive feedback
- Effectively collaborate with Product, QA, UX, and other internal groups (both technical and non-technical)
What we are looking for:
- Knowledge of Rails 2+ years in a professional environment
- Experienced in working with and developing RESTful APIs
- Experienced in Agile development
- Experience or education in writing fully tested code, preferably with RSpec
- Knowledgeable in SQL (PostgreSQL) and query optimization
- Familiarity with Linux, AWS (EC2, S3, etc.)
- Experienced in working with asynchronous requests in large-scale applications
- Experience writing integrations for large platforms
- Collaboration/contributions with the open source community
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. To learn more about our team, click here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.