← Back to all jobs
This job offer is expired
Company and Position Overview:
BrainCheck is an innovative cognitive health technology company co-founded by neuroscientists Dr. David Eagleman and Dr. Yael Katz. The company recently completed its post-seed fundraising and has market traction with schools and athletic teams, physicians offices, and hospitals. The startup team is operating out of Texas Medical Center’s Innovation Center (TMCX+) in Houston. While we would love to have someone work in our offices in Houston, we are also open to remote candidates who are based in the US, Canada or Latin America only.
As we scale our user-adoption and build out exciting new features in the application, we are looking for an experienced engineer to join the team and help drive product innovation. The ideal candidate has experience working in frontend systems, but really excels in designing architecture and implementing server-side features. If this sounds like you and you’re excited to solve big challenges at the cutting edge of healthcare, then reach out and let’s talk.
- 7+ years in a professional software developer role
- 3+ years of professional Ruby and Ruby on Rails experience
- Experience in server and microservice architecture, design, and implementation
- Formal API design and implementation experience
- Security minded, experience with server and database security
- Strong desire and capability to mentor a Junior developer
- Ability to work well within an all-English working environment
- Developing in Ember
- Familiarity with Unity3D
- Use of AWS technologies, including EC2, CodeDeploy, and S3
- Experience building, deploying, and maintaining iOS and Android apps
- Backend-heavy design and development work
- Maintenance of the automated testing and deployment systems (Jenkins and Travis)
- BrainCheck app deployment and management on AWS
- Integrating partner apps, such as health monitoring and EMR platforms, with BrainCheck systems
- Comfort in a fast-paced startup environment a must
Working at BrainCheck:
- Competitive compensation with equity for well-qualified candidates
- Join a small, vibrant team of extremely talented individuals
- Early-stage startup with a proven product that is gaining significant traction
- Headquartered at TMCX+ - home to dozens of the most innovative startups and innovation labs in the healthcare industry
- We work hard but like to have fun, including happy-hours, ping-pong and other games
More about the Company:
BrainCheck takes gold-standard neurocognitive tests and turns them into mobile interactive games, providing a snapshot of an individual’s cognitive health in about 10 minutes. Our current market offering, BrainCheck Sport, assesses cognitive deficits associated with concussion in sports and athletics, and we also have a direct to consumer version available for iPad and iPhone. Our newly released BrainCheck Memory assesses cognitive and memory impairment associated with dementia, and we are developing a generalized cognitive health tracking tool for the healthy population. BrainCheck has reinvented the process of cognitive assessment to be faster, less expensive, and as reliable as conventional methods.
BrainCheck was developed at the Eagleman Neuroscience Laboratory at Baylor College of Medicine. Dr. David Eagleman has done groundbreaking work on neurocognitive assessment, and he is also a public educator, authoring New York Times bestselling books and appearing regularly on television (most recently PBS’s series The Brain with David Eagleman). David is joined by CEO, Dr. Yael Katz, neuroscientist and technology executive, and a team of ten outstanding individuals in product, software development, clinical research, marketing, business development, and sales.
More remote rails jobs
Fullstack Engineer TaskRabbit
Senior Software (Founding) Engineer Tatchup Inc.
Rails Software Engineer Audiogon