← Back to all jobs
Senior Ruby Developer
This job offer is expired
Fullscript is a health tech startup that has created a platform for practitioners to dispense professional-grade nutritional supplements to their patients. We are the market leaders, have grown over 2000% in 3 years and we go above and beyond to make dispensing wellness easy.
We are currently looking for experienced Ruby Developers who want to build and maintain features that create rich and compelling experiences for health professionals and their patients.
Note: This is a remote position for candidates in Canada who are in UTC - 4 - UTC - 8. You will need to be available to come on-site to meet the team from time to time.
Only developers with previous remote experience will be considered for this role.
About this role
You will work on any of the following teams: Product, E-Commerce, API, and Catalog. We are looking for people who see the technical challenges, and are excited to solve them. A little more about the teams:
- The E-commerce team at Fullscript is responsible for maintaining and improving our e-commerce engine as we scale. Some of their responsibilities include hardening our checkout, improving performance, and managing our payments system.
- The Product team is responsible for the feature development on Fullscript. They make the tools that power hundreds of thousands of prescriptions created by our health care professionals for their patients.
- The API team is responsible for maintaining and improving our public API which is currently being used by EHRs & third-party developers. This is a new and quickly growing piece of the Fullscript ecosystem.
- The Catalog team builds in-house tooling to improve and enrich our catalog data. Fullscript is building an industry-leading catalog and this team makes it happen.
Fullscript is for developers who value getting stuff done and having an impact. We are growing rapidly and are already profitable, but there’s still a huge amount to do. There’s lots of low hanging fruit and at Fullscript you will be able to see the impact of your work – on a massive scale. You won’t be releasing small pieces of a feature, or minor updates, you’ll be releasing new features themselves. Be part of a land-grab; scratch that startup itch; become a Fullscripter.
The Tech Stack
For simple interfaces, we use pretty vanilla Ruby on Rails. For more complex interfaces we’ve historically layered Angular on top of Rails backed by Restful API’s but we no desire to write Angular moving forward. We have a separate single page application built with React, Redux and GraphQL and we experimenting with Typescript, preact and Jest. We love ES6&7 and Typescript and we have significant experience with React and Redux.
- A positive work environment that values community, authenticity, ownership, and having an impact!
- A fast-growing company with an abundance of opportunity to carve a niche for yourself, grow, learn, deliver business value, and move up in your career.
- Interesting technical challenges and complex functionality with the latest technologies.
- A development process that values respect, code reviews, feedback, autonomy, openness, and having an impact.
- $$$ - Competitive pay and stock options, training budget.
- Benefits - A stacked benefit plan (fully covered by us), health service navigator, employee assistance program, life insurance, access to Fullscript products, we’ll also help set up a great home office to help you get the job done!
- Fun Stuff - company-wide hackathons, health and wellness programs, a town hall every Friday, time to learn within work.
- Work/Life Balance - flexible and generous time off - vacation, sick/personal day, mental days, plus 11 paid holidays.
**for benefits-eligible staff, benefits may vary by location**
Most of all we offer an environment where you can have a huge impact. Come work with some cool technologies and come change the future of healthcare with us.
Fullscript is a place where you can have an impact. If you are unsure if your experience level matches, please still apply. We value smart passionate people who have a good attitude and want to have an impact.
We can’t wait to read your application!
Fullscript is an equal opportunity employer. We're excited to work with talented people no matter their race, colour, gender, sex, sexual orientation, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, national origin, physical or mental disability or age.
More remote rails jobs
Sr Ruby on Rails Engineer whitespectre
Ruby on Rails / Ember Engineer Parablesoft
Ruby on Rails Developer - Remote Toptal LLC