← Back to all jobs
Full Stack Ruby on Rails programmer
This job offer is expired
algrano is a Swiss tech startup that changes the global trade of coffee. Using technology, algrano has set an ambitious goal to revolutionise the centuries old coffee trade industry and make it more transparent. Through the algrano online platform, coffee growers promote and sell their coffees straight to roasters in Europe. Awarded at its launch in 2015 as the best innovation by European Coffee Association, algrano counts more than 1’000 growers and roasters using algrano from all over the world.
We are increasing our team and are looking for a self-motivated Full-Stack Ruby on Rails developer. The role would suit someone who wants to play a key part in the development team, working on an internationally used platform and bring coffee trade to the next level. You will help drive the technology direction of the company, supported by our team as we grow.
Play a part in the digital revolution of global coffee trading. Contribute to a product that allows coffee growers to sell their goods directly to roasters. Create applications to simplify logistic and increase transparency in the supply chain. This is a full-time remote position within a Central-European time zone. Head-office is in Zurich, Switzerland and multiple in-person-meetings per year are required. Your tasks will include:
- Contributing to the development of algrano platform and our operation system
- Gathering and refining requirements and follow them through to production
- Contributing to the direction of our technical environment and development processes
- Rapidly iterating as we push ahead with new development while maintaining and improving the current systems
- 3+ years of professional software development experience (with at least two years RoR)
- A focus on details including automated tests and documenting your code
- Experience in debugging, optimising web applications for speed and scale
- An agile mindset and the ability to adapt to changing priorities and requirements
- Pride in your work and a desire to contribute to a small team of dedicated and talented people
- Solid communication skills in English and a sense of humor
- An understanding of what we’re doing (and why) and a passion to get involved
- Experience in remote work
- Maintained or contributed to open source projects
- A special area of focus, eg. visualisation, performance optimization, DevOps, or automated testing
Why work with algrano?
- You're working with a small but highly talented development team
- We take pride in our code. We constantly refactor and optimize our codebase to reduce technical debt
- We are set up for remote work - even our Zürich-based members work a couple of days a week from home. Most of our discussions, including weekly meetings, are on Hangouts or on Slack
- Our rapid growth will generate new opportunities for ambitious team members looking for new challenges and responsibilities
We are looking for committed individuals who want to be hired by our company. All applications from companies will be ignored.
More remote rails jobs
Rails Engineer Jilt
Full Stack Rails Developer Tuft & Needle
Lead Fullstack Developer Blackbird Studios