← Back to all jobs
Ruby on Rails Programmer
This job offer is expired
We are a tight-knit group of Rails developers who build custom software for medium/large sized businesses here in AU. We are looking for a keen rails developer to join the team, and assist us in building and maintaining our monolith applications.
How we work:
- We build large projects that we need to maintain long into the future, so we put a large emphasis on our projects following the SOLID principles, most importantly the Single Responsibility Principle (SRP)
- Our projects also follow the facade pattern
- We have a nice CI suite, which tests our code for things like style/complexity/test coverage
- We embrace the majestic monolith way of thinking
- We always look for the simplest way to solve a problem
- We catch up on video conference *at least* once a week
Successful candidate will:
- Be keen to be part of a team that shares love for code
- Be happy to work with the rest of the team and to participate in code review with us
- Be comfortable with writing unit and feature tests for all code that is produced ( We use RSPEC, Capybara )
- Be happy to work with static analysis tools such as Rubocop, RubyCritic, Flay, Flog ( We use CodeClimate )
- Be available 37.5 hrs / week
- Overlaps at least a few hours with Australia business hours
- Have access to an annual learning allowance for books / courses
Bonus if you follow Sandi Metz!
More remote rails jobs
Full Stack Developer Upstack Technologies, Inc.
Senior Software Engineer Brivity, Inc.
Senior full-stack software engineer - JS + Ruby Sticker Mule
Full Stack Rails Developer Tuft & Needle