Ruby Developer Intern
This job offer is expired
The mission of Rescuing Leftover Cuisine is to become the world’s most widely used solution for companies and individuals to eliminate food waste in their communities, making food rescue sustainable and universal, and food hunger a thing of the past. Rescuing Leftover Cuisine, Inc. (“RLC”) helps companies reduce food waste is by bringing leftover food from restaurants and caterers to local agencies such as homeless shelters and soup kitchens.
RLC is seeking talented, entrepreneurial, and passionate young leaders with the emotional intelligence and organizational skills needed to work in a self-driven and quality-driven work environment. RLC interns will work closely with the founders and have the opportunity to make true, meaningful impact in their time with the organization.This is an unpaid, part-time internship for 20 hours a week. Interns are expected to work 20 hours per week. May lead to a position with more responsibility.
The Ruby Developer Intern will be responsible for the design and coding of website applications for RLC. The internship will provide a hands-on experience in implementing a web application for real-time use and insight in the operations of a start-up organization.
- Writing programming code, either from scratch or by adapting existing website software and graphics packages to meet business requirements
- Test / maintain the website application and troubleshoot any technical problems
- Develop new interfaces and ideas for the website
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong software programming skills
- Must know Ruby on Rails.
- Ability to adapt and pick up new techniques
- Self-motivated; ability to initiate and work independently
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Strong Problem Solving skills, able to unpack and identify problems
How to apply
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and github account.