Technical Lead/Senior Rails Engineer
This job offer is expired
We're looking for a seasoned Technical Lead/Senior Software Engineer to lead the design and development of our back end software, services, and architecture. We’re excited to work with a respectful and collaborative leader and engineer who thrives wearing many hats and is able to work with a distributed team. We are based in San Francisco, but this position will be located out of our satellite office in Sacramento, CA.
In this role, you’ll find yourself:
- Leading, architecting, and guiding other developers and our evolving codebase
- Writing well designed, testable, efficient code
- Participating in all phases of the software development lifecycle while also contributing feedback and ideas during product development
- Working with engineering and product to increase velocity while constantly striving to improve our internal processes and procedures
- Fixing bugs and improving application performance
Skills & requirements
- You're an experienced Rails engineer and a proven leader who enjoys designing and building RESTful APIs
- You have deep knowledge and experience with data architecture, data modeling, and are comfortable writing raw SQL when necessary.
- You pride yourself on writing elegant code and are a fan of unit testing.
- You're comfortable working within the Amazon ecosystem (EC2, RDS, and S3).
- You're self motivated, enjoy autonomy, and have an entrepreneurial mindset.
- You’re communicative and understand how your role impacts and intersects with the larger product and development teams.
- You want to help. Help build our company culture. Help a non-technical co-worker understand a complex issue. Help a fellow developer work through a problem. Help our customers do their jobs better.