Senior Backend to Social Network
This job offer is expired
Fishbrain is the next generation social network focused on sport fishing, the world's most popular hobby. Our platform deals with millions of data from anglers contributing to the community on a daily basis. We recently raised our Series B funding, with investors such as B Capital Group and SoftBank Korea.
Fishbrain's platform team designs, implements, and maintains scalable software architectures that are at the heart of our technology. The team moves fast and plays a pivotal role in ensuring the quality of the backend systems that power our Android and iOS apps.
- Design, build, and deploy highly scalable software systems (including microservices) written in Ruby on Rails and Golang.
- Produce high quality software using TDD in a continuous delivery environment.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
Skills & Wish list
- Bachelor's degree and/or MSc in Computer Science or equivalent experience and at least 3-5 years work experience.
- Strong software engineering fundamentals, including data structures, design patterns, and complexity analysis.
- Fluency in an OOP language, such as Ruby, Java, C++, or similar (Ruby strongly preferred).
- Experience with RDBMS as well as NoSQL databases, operating system internals, networking, and file systems are a plus.
- You're smart, get stuff done, have great energy, and thrive in a fast-paced startup environment.