Senior Back-End Developer - Help us Scale!
This job offer is expired
What you will do
As one of the fastest growing Online companies in Europe, we offer a unique opportunity for you, as a Ruby on Rails developer. The team collaborates on solving some complex development tasks that result from our continually increasing numbers of sellers and buyers (14 million monthly visitors and rising!). We’ve already implemented localisations for various European countries and will be expanding even further, outside of Europe, in the near future.
That is why we need your help; we want to expand our team by introducing even more expert knowledge. You will work on challenges around scale, microservice architecture and implementing new features in Product focused innovation teams in which Front-End developers, Back-End developers, a Designer, a Data Scientist, and a Product Owner all work closely together. We are driven by A/B-testing and automated testing, which allows us to do multiple releases per day on our high-traffic website.
Who you are
A Ruby on Rails developer who speaks excellent English. You have
- Significant experience in building complex web applications using Rails development.
- Excellent problem solving, communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL)
- Worked on high-traffic websites (preferred)
- Experience with A/B-testing and conversion optimisation (preferred)
Here’s what we can offer you
- A diverse and international team with over 40 different nationalities.
- Trendy offices located in the heart of Amsterdam and Assen with an easy-going atmosphere.
- Our entrepreneurial environment encourages everyone to take initiative and experiment with new ideas. You’ll actively contribute to the growth of the Catawiki platform.
- An in-house ‘Learning & Development’ team which provides tailor-made trainings to facilitate your personal and professional growth.
- The fun part! Our Activity Committee plan everything from ‘CataFooty’ to International Food Festivals, Friday Drinks, Board Game Nights, Pub Quizzes and Boot Camps!
- And there’s more! Paid holidays, holiday allowance and a pension plan paid for by Catawiki.