Full Stack Software Engineer for Fast Growing Golf and Travel Company
This job offer is expired
Ship Sticks is looking for experienced and passionate software engineers that thrive in small, focused and highly collaborative teams. You will be working closely with the Product, Design and Engineering teams to not only develop, but also help define and execute projects. Strong problem solving skills, ability to communicate clearly and thinking outside the box are skills that we are looking for.
You will get to work in an exciting and engaging agile startup-like environment where you will be encouraged to expand your skills, test your creative boundaries, share new ideas, and (most importantly) have fun.
Skills & Requirements
Requirements / Qualifications
- You are fluent in one or more backend languages with experience in Ruby a plus, and stay up-to-date on best practices.
- You try to future-proof everything you create by minimizing built-in assumptions, and writing tests where appropriate.
- Writing DRY/Scalable code.
- You advocate the use of MVC, templating, ORMs, and other techniques to save time and headaches.
- Strong documentation skills, whether it be on our wiki page, api docs or commenting in code.
- Participate in the Agile development process to help product and engineering build products that meet user demands.
- Continuously identify places we can improve and refine our products and focus.
- Being proactive, comfortable with change, flexible, and self-starting as new priorities surface.
- Minimum 2 years experience as a software engineer building beautiful, scalable and high visibility web applications.
- Communicate well, enjoy sharing knowledge, bring something new to the table, and always willing to learn from others.
- Experience working across the full web application stack; preferably with Ruby on Rails.
- Consider solid test coverage to be an important part of the development process. Experience with TDD and testing frameworks a plus.
- Comfortable with agile principles and a strong believer of the importance of agile when producing high-quality software.
- Constantly strive to improve the quality of your code, ability to break down larger problems into smaller ones, and enjoy finding ways to produce great code at a quick pace.
- Experience with AWS and its family of products
- Comfortable being in the Matrix (Unix command line)
- SPA architecture knowledge and experience
- Enjoys pair programming
- Wanting to be proud about what you do at your job
- Great taste in music