DevOps Engineer (m/f) – Chef / OpsWorks
This job offer is expired
We recently launched our new live streaming product SlideSync. Join our Berlin team to help us grow!
As part of our engineering team, you manage and extend our suite of Chef cookbooks and help assure the day-to-day operations of our platform on AWS (Chef/OpsWorks). Furthermore, you participate in the conception and implementation of new features in the Rails codebase.
Here’s what we are looking for in a candidate:
- You have solid skills in Linux administration and scripting and experience with DevOps / Amazon Web Services
- You have initial experience with web application frameworks, preferably Ruby on Rails
- You have solid experience in networking aspects, especially when it comes to security and high availability
- You’re a good communicator for both internal and client concerns
- You have successfully completed a degree in Computer Science
- Our working language is English, but you should have basic German skills and/or be eager to improve them
MediaEvent Services puts live events on the web since 1999. Renowned brands like Lufthansa, Deutsche Bahn, Deutsche Bundesbank and Hugo Boss trust us with their critical live video communication for events such as press conferences and employee townhalls.
Our technology stack
We use a diverse set of current and upcoming technologies — this means you’ll learn a lot in many areas:- We host on AWS OpsWorks with nginx/Passenger and are official AWS partners. We help you attain AWS certifications.- We monitor with Prometheus (previously: Datadog and New Relic).- We develop in Rails 5, Sass/SCSS, Bootstrap and work with SQL/NoSQL databases as well as custom and off-the-shelf video streaming infrastructure.- We test with RSpec, Cucumber and Jenkins.
How we work
Everybody’s contributions are honored and we entrust you with responsibilities from day one. Many challenges – small and large – are yours to take. We deliver continuously, synchronize often (standups, code review) and integrate our customers and the whole team into the development process. We are tool agnostic and leave it up to you to choose the best framework/library/editor for the job. Our working language is English but we are happy to help you learn German. Our staff is permanent and works 4 to 5 days a week. Overtime is kept to a minimum. We’re most productive in the office — this also helps with code review and learning. We are a bunch of experienced, down-to-earth IT and video people. You can have beers with us.
How to apply
- We are happy to hear from both EU and non-EU based applicants.
- No recruiting agencies, please!
Please apply via e-mail to email@example.com.
MediaEvent Services GmbH & Co. KGStendaler Str. 410559 Berlin