About the Role
The backend of Loot is a solid and modern fundament for delivering users exciting functionality and data. By building solutions and API’s you will become a member of our core team.
You'd be an integral part in the direction and purpose of everything we do. With your experience you'll influence the tools we use and the dependencies that our codebase has (or doesn’t have), whilst also helping to guide our roadmap and ingrain our values in our product.
We have Backend positions open in our Product and Infrastructure teams.
As a Backend Engineer at Loot, you will:
- Build platforms, systems and big data infrastructure to help fuel Loot’s user growth.
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve our infrastructure, tooling, and process.
- Provide strong technical feedback to other engineers through code reviews, engineering design reviews, and collaborative problem solving sessions.
- Demonstrate a passion for the developer community and person learning and improvement
- Contribute to design and development efforts
- Work within a cross-functional team: product, growth, marketing and operations
We're looking for:
- 4+ years experience in Ruby and Rails
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment
- Passionate about making high user impact and building the best experience for the user
- Theoretical and practical understanding of OOP, SOLID and CleanCode principles
- Experience using TDD practices
- Fluidity in operating Unix-based systems
- Experience in implementing and integrating with HTTP APIs
- Experience with REST/SOAP APIs
- Experience with microservices architecture
- Good understanding of Messaging Queue Protocols
Bonus points if you have:
- Pair programming experience
- Ability to coach more junior developers
- Experience in playing Mario Kart