Lead Full-Stack Ruby Engineer
This job offer is expired
Reporting directly to the interim CTO, you will dive in and take ownership of our existing codebase, helping extend and scale our bespoke recommendations engine, order management, inventory, shipping, and reporting components.
This is a great opportunity to lead the engineering team of a startup that is already profitable, already a well-known brand for women, but still doubling in customers every six months. We need someone who can not only build our existing codebase, but also push the envelope, as we are developing some sophisticated data science capabilities, similar to Netflix, Amazon, and Stitch Fix.
Founded in 2014, Nadine West sends personalized outfits to our customers’ doorsteps every month. We are based in Austin TX, but we are a remote-first company, so you can live and work anywhere.
- You partner with stakeholders to understand the business needs and design right-sized solutions, able to move from open-minded design thinking to breaking problems down and iterating to create working software.
- You have built, launched, extended, and maintained a business-critical Rails app long enough to learn from your decisions, and love sharing those stories.
- You are comfortable directing and mentoring other engineers with humility.
- You have time-tested beliefs about code quality, testing, architecture, database design, ORMs, and build vs. buy tradeoffs, and enjoy articulating those beliefs winsomely to your colleagues
- You’re at home owning the entire product development cycle (design, dev, testing, release, monitoring).
- You’ve managed CI/CD pipelines and love auto-deploying to production after your well-honed tests pass.
- You cherish focused, low-interruption deep work like we do (See 37 Signals’ “Group Chat is Making you Sweat")
- You’re excited to work remotely, but also excited to share a US timezone and let us host you in Austin when it’s great for us both!
We are a remote-first company, with employees in four continents. You decide when and where you work best. This is a salaried position, paying competitive Austin, TX market wages. Includes health insurance if you want. Nadine West is growing fast, which means lots of opportunities for growth and an exciting work environment, yet still a calm 40 hours a week.