Full Stack Web Developer
This job offer is expired
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
How will you invent the future?
As a Full Stack Web Developer at Merck’s Austin IT HUB, you will be part of inventing tomorrow. Our Innovative centers are where great people come together and deliver solutions that save and improve lives. Join a Global Digital Marketing IT team to help us build beautiful web solutions which solve important problems and improve human health. The selected candidate will work collaboratively with web development teams, UX/Design teams, and end users across the world. The candidate will create web solutions which help connect patients with important therapies. The candidate will create responsive web sites which work on any browser/device and run on scalable cloud platforms using modern development techniques. We are seeking a motivated, talented individual interested in solving problems to improve tomorrow.
- Develop responsive web solutions supporting Merck’s mission to save and improve lives
- Create high quality technical assets which will be reused by other web development efforts at Merck
- Document architectures and developing strategic approaches to implement scalable solutions from conceptual UX designs
- Instill an automated DevOps approach to build, deploy, and support projects using modern tools and technologies
- Evaluate new libraries, frameworks and development standards to determine if they are a good fit for Merck
- Provide solutions with long-term maintainability and limited technical debt
- Drive test driven development approaches
- Apply knowledge of cloud, APIs, and browser feature support to design cross browser/device compatible solutions
- Develop deep understanding of Merck’s existing technology platforms and their interfaces as required by project work
- Ensure adherence to development standards and facilitating the sharing of best practices across development teams and support organizations
- Stay abreast of new technologies, methodologies, industry practices and standards
The ideal candidate would also be familiar with DevOps, Continuous Integration, Infrastructure Engineering techniques, and cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS). The ideal candidate is a Full Stack developer with expertise in a framework such as node.js who can build end to end applications while also engineering the cloud infrastructure to run them.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related Engineering field
- Master's degree preferred
- 5 or more years of experience developing for the web and for mobile devices
- Experience with node.js, Ruby on Rails, or similar server-side framework (such as Django)
- Experience in implementing responsive web applications on the Amazon cloud
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a broader team
- Ability to effectively communicate to all levels of the business
- Expertise with modern and emerging web standards and technologies
- Passion for agile, test-driven development, continuous integration, and automated testing
- Strong technical skills across the entire development stack
- Experience using Agile techniques including Scrum
- Excellent object-oriented and test-driven development skills
- Experience with client-side framework
- Ability to advocate for change and innovation even when risks are involved
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work with geographically disparate teams
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to [email protected]