← Back to all jobs
This job offer is expired
Walker & Company Brands is reinventing the way consumers of color learn about, purchase and enjoy health and beauty products. We're starting with a focus on the $50 billion personal care segment. Personal care manufacturers and traditional retailers are neither building brands nor merchandising experiences which cater to the uniquely differentiated needs of black, latino and asian consumers --- three of America's fastest growing and most culturally influential demographic groups.
Our aim is to build the world's most consumer centric health & beauty products and services company.
We have the support and financial backing of top-tier Silicon Valley venture capital firms and angel investors and our team has great experience building and growing many beloved consumer technology brands. We are looking for the most talented individuals across marketing, engineering, product and design functions to join our family and accelerate our growth while helping us build a great company.
- You will participate in all aspects of the software development process! Planning, programming, testing, deploying and maintenance.
- This is a full stack position so you'll be working on different parts of the system; backend and frontend.
- We try to write code that's readable and easy to maintain. Come help us!
- You'll work cross functionally with our Product, CS, Finance and other teams to make sure we're building functional, delightful, experiences for our customers.
- Though you'll be working on all aspects of our platform, you're interested in owning certain pieces. Be a goto!
We're looking for someone who has experience with most of the following:
- Ruby on Rails or equivalent web experiences (REQUIRED).
- Building responsive websites with HTML5, CSS3, and frameworks such as Bootstrap or Foundation.
- Version control using systems like Git.
- Agile methodologies such as SCRUM, TDD & BDD principles.
- Using cloud technologies such as AWS or GCS.
- Relational data models.
We're committed to treating you and your time with respect (we ask you do the same and not apply if you're under qualified at this time). First step is a phone screen to gauge interest and alignment of values, then a short take home assignment and finally an in person interview at our offices or via google hangouts.
This role is for direct candidates only, absolutely no agencies or third parties.