Senior Software Development in Test (SDET)
ITV loves tech. Air Time Sales tech. Java 8. React. Jenkins. GitHub. Technology is driving our ambitious new strategy. Which is why we’re investing in the best tech and talent. As a Principal Software Engineer, you’ll be at the heart of the action, innovating, disrupting and pushing the boundaries. Involved at the early stages of re-architecture, you’ll help to build an API platform that will deliver new pilots in ad-tech and unlock the big potential of our systems and data.
We are looking for a Senior SDET within ITV Online.
The ideal candidate will have a good background in the software development lifecycle and experience with test automation in a continuous integration environment. The role will focus on design and implementation of test suites and automated testing solutions across ITV online, mobile and internet connected television apps.
We are looking for people who are passionate about delivering quality software, keen to learn new technologies and would like help shape the future of online television.
What You'll Do
Working as an embedded tester in the ITV Hub team you will:
- Work with the development team to automate and improve the test and release process
- Pair with stakeholders to do business analysis, write acceptance criteria and document test plans
- Be a leader in creating high quality, maintainable test code
- Carry out exploratory, non-functional and security testing where required
- Prioritise and document defects with enough detail to reproduce
- Contribute to and influence end to end test strategy for the team and wider department
- Mentor and potentially line manage junior members of the team
- Proactively improve your skills and the QA process through on the job training, conferences and self-learning
What You’ll Bring
We are looking for candidates with the following skills:
- Significant technical testing experience using Selenium Webdriver or other automation framework
- Strong hands on experience writing automated acceptance tests in Ruby
- Ability to write and execute both automated and manual tests at various levels of the test pyramid
- Knowledge of common test design patterns such as the Page Object Model
- Experience with common continuous integration tools (Git, Jenkins, Docker)
- An understanding of agile software engineering principles
- Experience with major internet browsers and browser debugging tools
- Knowledge of Unix based operating systems and common command line tools
- A passion for testing and a willingness to bring new ideas
Technologies we use
Our main technology stack includes:
- Ruby, Selenium, Capybara for front end automation
- Scala for backend services and load testing via Gatling
- Git and GitHub
- Docker, Vagrant, Jenkins and Puppet
- AWS for hosting and deployment
We use Google Apps at ITV, and each developer is provided with a MacBook Pro.
We love having a diverse team of people. The more diverse the better. We make everyone feel welcome and treat everybody fairly, equally and with respect. At ITV it's your talent that matters. Whatever your ethnicity, age, gender identity or background, you'll love our inclusive culture. We'll value and reward you with fantastic training and great perks that include five weeks' holiday on top of public holidays. We also respect work-life balance and support remote working with discretion.
"ITV, where creativity, diversity and collaboration put us right at the heart of popular culture."