← Back to all jobs
Director of Engineering (Ruby & React)
This job offer is expired
Waggl is looking for experienced engineering leader to partner with our seasoned CTO in helping support and manage our growing team.
How we are different
We know that as an engineering leader you can work many places. Waggl’s work environment is unique.
- We care deeply about our work. Both the quality of what we produce and its impact.
- We believe everyone deserves to have their voice heard from a brand new hire to the CEO. This is key to our product and our culture. We check titles at the door.
- We trust you. You can work from home, in the office, or from an RV traveling across the country as long as you stay connected and get your work done. We trust you to take the time off you feel you need to recharge and be your best. No questions asked.
- We improve the work lives of hundreds of thousands of people around the world.
- We are growing like crazy.
- All these things and more have led us to be named as one of the Best Places to Work by Inc magazine.
How we work
We work really hard to balance collaboration, autonomy, efficiency and high quality output. We do this through informal interactions, short daily meetings, and efficient planning meetings. Our primary technology stack is Ruby On Rails, and React. We also use Less and ES6 to make frontend work more enjoyable. Our team is made up of developers, designers, product managers and QA folks.
Where you fit in
We are looking for someone who can help bring additional process and technical leadership to our team. While you may do some coding, your primary focus will be supporting and optimizing the whole team for speed, quality and engagement. You will do this by drawing on your experience and expertise to improve our existing processes, bring in new processes, mentor developers, hire new personnel and lead special projects.
- 2+ years managing product team(s)
- Really strong Ruby on Rails skills
- Loves managing people and processes
- Normal work hours are EDT, CDT, or PDT, AST (e.g. you live in North America, Central America, or South America)
- Servant Leader
- Experience with Agile teams
Nice to haves
- Experience leading multiple product teams at the same company
- Experience with React
- Experience with TDD
Waggl (www.waggl.com) is the most human way for organizations to crowdsource feedback. Waggl lives at the intersection of two organizational realities: companies want to be on the pulse of their employees and employees want to know that their opinions count. Featured in WSJ, Entrepreneur, and Fast Company, Waggl is one of the leading platforms to help organizations become more agile, aligned and hyper-aware, so they can make better decisions and execute more effectively.
Waggl provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Waggl complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
More remote rails jobs
Ruby Language Specialist Build Engineer ActiveState Software
Software Engineer AlphaSights
Full Stack Software Engineer The Online Project
Senior Ruby/RoR Software Engineer Forestry.io
Web Application Engineer (Open Source) Simple Thread