← Back to all jobs
This job offer is expired
Doximity is transforming the healthcare industry. Our mission is to help make doctors more productive, informed and connected.
We value diversity — in backgrounds and in experiences. Healthcare is a universal concern, and we need people from all backgrounds to help build the future of healthcare. Our engineering team is deliberate and self-reflective about the kind of team and culture that we are building, seeking engineers that are not only strong in their own aptitudes but care deeply about supporting each other's growth.
This position is for an experienced Ruby & Rails software engineer to join our ~50 person engineering team. We’re looking for someone with a strong track record of putting Rails to work and bringing products to life.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Cache, optimize and develop systems that can handle millions of operations.
- Manage and enhance our content ingestion and verification systems.
- Build isomorphic applications that solve real-time messaging challenges.
- Develop APIs for our mobile applications as well as dynamic front-end features.
What we’re looking for:
- You are passionate about highly performant and maintainable software.
- Ability to mentor other software engineers and work directly with product managers to deliver solid software solutions.
- Pragmatic: A problem solver with a passion for well-implemented solutions.
- Fast Learner: You're a software engineer who thrives on applying their knowledge and learning new technologies.
- Experience with web infrastructure, distributed systems, and/or performance analysis and optimizations.
- We would love for you to show evidence of your work - preferably open-source contributions on Github, or elsewhere on the web.
- Work remotely provided you have 5 hours of overlap with the team in the U.S. Our core hours are 9:30 AM to 5:30 PM PST and 5% travel time required per year to company HQ and events.
We’re thrilled to be named the Fastest Growing Company in the Bay Area, and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies. Joining Doximity means being part of an incredibly talented and humble team. We work on amazing products that over 70% of US doctors (and over one million healthcare professionals) use to make their busy lives a little easier. We’re driven by the goal of improving inefficiencies in our $2.5 trillion U.S. healthcare system and love creating technology that has a real, meaningful impact on people’s lives. To learn more about our team, culture, and users, check out our careers page, company blog, and engineering blog. We’re growing fast, and there’s plenty of opportunities for you to make an impact—join us!
Doximity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
More remote rails jobs
Sr. front end developer Sticker Mule
Full Stack Developer (Ruby / JS) Planning Center
Sr Ruby on Rails Engineer whitespectre
Ruby on Rails Engineer Littlelines