Senior Software Engineer
This job offer is expired
We are the largest P2P Lending Platform for small businesses in the world. Unlike traditional banks we make it easy for small businesses to access the funds they need to help them scale. We’re looking to take our platform to the next level going from processing 3bn a year in loans to 100bn a year.
So, you’re interested in helping us make the financial world a better place but want to know how our Engineering Team empowers small businesses across the globe...
In the Borrower team we are focussing on tackling the following challenges:
- How do we build a low latency, high availability and scalable platform ready for global roll out?
- How do we effectively transition from a monolith to a microservices/event-driven architecture?
- How do we build scalable infrastructure to collect data for real-time analytics and risk modeling?
- How can we improve a Borrower's user experience through continuous A/B testing and user research with a focus on best front end practices and accessibility?
We organise in small agile teams practicing continuous integration, TDD and are no strangers to pairing as we believe that working together is smarter than sitting in silos. We predominantly work in Ruby, PostgreSQL, Unix/Linux and but we are open to true Polyglots who would be interested in working in Ruby.
We don’t believe 'keywords' make a great Engineer but seeing some evidence of these things helps us to get excited:
- Solid grasp of CS fundamentals
- A true Polyglot, efficient in or happy to learn Ruby.
- An advocate of Engineering best practice - you document things clearly and test your code, you frown at people who don’t do this!
- An interest or experience in microservices and/or event-driven architecture.
- A collaborator - you are happy pairing and believe that working together is better than working in a silo.
- Testing - you believe in testing your code to within an inch of it’s perfectly formed life.
Why Work for Funding Circle?
There are plenty of reasons people love working at Funding Circle and voted us as one of the best places to work in the UK. Here are a couple of those reasons:
- A belief in using the right tool for the right job.
- FC Academy - a chance to learn new skills outside of Engineering from peers.
- Money to do more - funds to use for self-education on whatever you want to learn about.
- Stock options.
To make sure we get to know each other properly we have a reasonable, but thorough process. In exceptional circumstances, we will go outside of this but encourage you to complete each step so you have a better idea of us as a team and a company. (Times are approximates)
Here’s what the process looks like:
- Chat with one of our Engineering Recruiters (30 mins)
- Code Challenge (1.5 hours)
- Onsite - Technical challenges & chat with an Engineering Manager (2.5 hours)
Still not sure or just curious to learn more about us - head over to our Engineering Blog to keep up to date with what we’ve been up to and events we are hosting in the future.