As we build out our platform and enter new markets, so we build out our team. We are now recruiting for a Technical Architect with deep knowledge of Ruby on Rails to join our ever-growing Engineering team and help us future proof our platform. With a lot of new opportunities for us to explore, this is an ideal role for a creator, someone who likes to push the technology boundaries and provide strong leadership to those around them.
- Identifying Smart’s technical needs with one eye always to the future. Scalability is key.
- Be a coder – This is a hands-on role and requires deep technical Ruby on Rails knowledge.
- Mentor and coach more junior members of the team.
- Ensure our platform and API’s are built to last.
- Break down large scale projects into manageable KPI’s and working heavily with the Delivery Manager to ensure these get cascaded through the team.
- Explaining to our design team what's required and overseeing the progress.
- Producing documents that monitor progress and ensure we future proof our platform.
- Excellent knowledge of Ruby on Rails – This is a must for the position.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships across the business and communicate clearly with key stakeholders
- Ability to gather and assimilate information.
- Good knowledge of quality standards, legislation and best practice
- Ability to be adept and prioritise.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate problems/issues and find solutions.