This job offer is expired
About the role
We are looking for a Software Developer to join our development team based in our London Waterloo European Headquarters, reporting to the Technical Lead.
Working as part of a global team of highly skilled and experienced Java / Erlang / Ruby developers, helping to architect and build a range of hosted, highly scalable and interactive applications aimed at mobiles and tablets.
You will specifically be helping to build mGage’s Payforit and Direct Billing products, allowing consumers to purchase items via their mobile phone account. We are strong believers in open source technologies and test-driven (agile) development techniques.
In a typical week, our Software Developer might:
- Build world class scalable client/server-side applications for mobile delivery and content
- Use multiple technologies to add features to existing applications and/or build small tactical standalone applications
- Use agile methodologies to ensure we deliver quality products to budget
- Bring new ideas and technologies to the team, so we can continue to be a class above others in what we do
- Promote and contribute to open source technologies across the global team
- Help keep code base to a high coding standard
- Play an active role in learning & promoting best practices
- Collaborate with the systems administration team to deploy systems and solutions
Skills and experience ideally required…!
- Good working knowledge of the Ruby and the model-view-controller approach are essential
- Good understanding/experience of testing frameworks
- Good understanding of databases, preferably MySQL
- Good grounding in Linux
- Working knowledge of version control systems, ideally git.
- Used distributed technologies such as Riak or Mongo DB
- Built or contributed to an open source project
- Accustomed to agile methodologies
- Excellent problem solving skills with demonstrable troubleshooting
- Copes well with pressure and has a ‘can do’ attitude
- Enjoys working in a team environment