This job offer is expired
Changing how the world schedules
The nature of work is changing and were at the center of it all. Since 2013, Calendly has been on a mission to take the work out of connecting so that our customers can accomplish more.
Were obsessed with providing an elegant, delightful experience for our customers across industries like sales, recruiting, customer success and education. This shapes how we develop, design, market, sell, support and work as a team. We treat each other with respect and understanding, put first things first and never settle. While were results driven, we always make time to learn, grow and have fun celebrating our accomplishments.
With our highly disruptive business model, were experiencing exciting growth. Were looking for more people to join our team and help shape a product used by more than a million people worldwide.
About the opportunity
Calendly is looking for an Engineering Manager to join our profitable and fast growing company to help us build a best in class technology team and culture. This role will work alongside our engineering and product management teams to make Calendly even simpler and more powerful for our user base. We are seeking a versatile technical leader who relishes the chance to work on impactful technology and can help accelerate and empower our development teams while helping us create the future of scheduling.
Our ideal candidate will balance time between coding and managing their team. Were looking for someone with previous experience in SaaS and with cloud technology (e.g. AWS, EC2, PaaS). Top candidates demonstrate a high tolerance for ambiguity and can work autonomously to research and uncover solutions. If chosen for this role, youll be responsible for mentoring, coaching and planning for the future of your team. And youll have the opportunity to make a huge impact on the quality and development of a product impacting millions.
Some challenges youll get to tackle
- Enhance the software development lifecycle by applying industry best practices and processes
- Coach, mentor and onboard new engineering team members
- Ensure the career development, satisfaction and productivity of the engineers on your team
- Identify future technical needs and create plans to meet them
- Provide input to help us continuously grow and improve
You should apply if you have:
- 2+ years in an engineering management or team lead role
- Academic background in computer science or equivalent work experience
- Previous experience leading teams and driving them toward big goals and consistent execution
- Professional experience working with SaaS applications
- You are a great communicator who can succinctly explain complex technical concepts
- Four year university/college degree required
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident (we do not sponsor at this time)
Bonus If You Have Experience With:
- Ruby on Rails
- Heroku Hosting Platform
- Security best practices, threat modeling and mitigation
What youll enjoy about joining our team
Our team members well-being is just as important to us as their work. We offer competitive salary, unlimited paid time off and flexible remote work options to help maintain work-life balance. We also provide a commuter benefits, snacks, happy hours, team-building events and so many other perks!
Join a diverse workforce, leading the way in scheduling automation.