Ruby Developer, Video Processing Platform_Ooyala_Product Dev Company
This job offer is expired
Have you ever watched a sporting event live on your computer or tablet? Or caught up on the latest videos on your phone? If so, you already know Ooyala.
Each month, nearly 220 million viewers in just about every country in the world watch online video powered by Ooyala. We work with TV networks, broadcasters, cable and satellite providers, movie studios and media companies to deliver personalized, premium video content and advertising to tablets, smart phones, connected TVs and PCs all over the world. With our big data heritage and market-leading video analytics, Ooyala delivers TV-quality media experiences across all screens and geographies.
Working at Ooyala is fast-paced, fun, and challenging, and we thrive on innovation. Come join our team and help shape the future of TV
We are hiring innovative engineers to build the next generation of our video processing platform. The Ooyala Transcoding Service handles all aspects of video uploading and encoding. We're in the middle of taking it to the next level, creating a performant, bulletproof, fully distributed system spanning the globe.
Using service-oriented and crash-only design principles, and the right amount of tools like NoSQL and ZooKeeper, we're building a resilient, dynamically scaled job execution system. We're finding creative solutions to challenging, real-world distributed-coordination problems, and we're having a good time doing it!
If that sounds fun to you, we would love to talk with you and have you on the team.
The individual will be responsible for primary on-call support of Ingestion and Transcoding system.
- More vigil and alert enough to respond to production system issues.
- Technically sound to understand the complete system and all integration points and should be proactive to predict issues and act accordingly.
- Ability to create monitors and alerts as and when needed. (Sumologic, Datadog alerts, etc)
- Ability to write tools to help to monitor/detect/workaround issues.
- Identify and provide workarounds for critical issues.
- Collaborate with peers/stakeholders during critical incidents.
- Ready to explore quick solution to critical issues in quick turnaround time when necessary.
- Closely work with Dev team to understand features being delivered and keep upgrading the knowledge.
- 3-5 Years of revenant experience in media domain.
- B.Tech Graduate
- AWS : S3, EC2
- Azure : AMS.
- Trouble shooting skills & tools.
- exposure to video domain. ( Transcoding, streaming methods, DRM system, etc)
- Tools exposure - Jira, FFMPEG, sumologic, etc..
- Exposure to Datadog
More reasons to apply:
- Ooyala is a technology-driven engineering-centric company; we believe in giving engineers high-level goals and the freedom and tools to achieve them the right way.
- Our hiring policy is quality over quantity - if you pass our hiring bar, your colleagues will uniformly be engineers you can trust and learn from.
- While we work hard, we also have a very fun company culture: work is punctuated with ping pong games, Star Craft tournaments and long debates about the latest technologies over catered sushi.