Lead Software Engineer, Ruby (Ecosystems Team)
This job offer is expired
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
Be a leader on our Ecosystem Team that powers our billing, partner, & identity platforms. Youll be working with team members to extend our products and integrate with a broad array of external services. BigCommerce offers a heavily collaborative environment helping you expand your skill set and take ideas from inception to delivery. This role will require a need to balance: driving our aggressive product roadmap, improving the performance and stability of our system, introducing engineering best practices into the organization, and leading/mentoring other engineers.
What youll do
- Help design/architect/execute the building of services for the BigCommerce platform.
- Build highly-available, distributed systems
- Build integrations with 3rd party SOAP/REST APIs that can span multiple codesets/services, fail gracefully, and be highly extensible
- Coach team towards code that is performant, fault-tolerant, maintainable, testable, and concise
- Drive our technical roadmap and direction of our stack
- Encourage innovation and foster an environment of continuous improvement
- Collaborate with stakeholders and other teams to promote communication & coordination
- Support and coach 4-6 members of your team
- Foster a culture that is open, positive, energized and innovative
Who You Are
- 5-7+ years of experience in building systems using at least two different languages: Ruby/Rails (required), Scala, Java, PHP, Python, Node, etc. We currently primarily use Ruby, PHP, and Scala
- 2+ years managing, driving and retaining a high-performance team.
- Experience building integrations with 3rd party SOAP/REST API providers that can span multiple code sets, fail gracefully and be highly extendable.
- Knowledge of TDD, BDD, DDD
- Nice to Have: Experience with OAuth and/or SAML workflows and permissions.
- Nice to Have: DevOps experience, GCP experience, and/or Docker or other containerization technologies
- Desire to work in a collaborative, open environment on an Agile team
- Highly proactive and results-oriented with excellent critical thinking skills
- Excited to learn new technologies
- Experience with ecommerce, distributed queuing systems, SaaS platforms, highly desirable
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey
Perks & Benefits
- An amazing company culture that doesnt just talk values, but lives them
- Our Think Big Program encourages and rewards employee-led innovation
- Employees are empowered to go above and beyond their daily duties to act on ideas that help our customers and/or improve the BigCommerce platform
- Competitive compensation packages and meaningful stock grants for every employee
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage that starts on day one
- A free online store to help you live out your entrepreneurial dreams
- Time off for volunteering and employee-driven charity events