Senior Backend Engineers Ruby on Rails or Node.JS
This job offer is expired
We are looking for Senior Backend Engineers to start immediately in our office in Berlin, Germany!
Does this describe you?:
- I have experience building scalable systems and applications using languages like Ruby,cNode.JS or Go
- I have designed and architected extensible software systems
- I know how to test software on different levels: unit, integration, contract, and E2E
- I know how to work on Linux-based systems
- I am able to analyse metrics about system health and performance
- I am able to communicate risk and technical challenges to non-technical people
- I enjoy learning and improving myself
- I understand and utilise lean and agile practices
- I have good communication and interpersonal skills
- I enjoy and have experience mentoring engineers
- I am fluent in written and spoken English
Nice to have:
- Experience in using cloud services (ideally AWS)
- Experience with NoSQL databases (DynamoDB, MongoDB)
What you can be doing at Babbel?:
- Delivering value iteratively by building high-quality applications and features
- Building, maintaining, and taking ownership of a rich ecosystem of applications and services
- Ensuring the systems your team owns are healthy, resilient, and perform well
- Collaborating cross-functionally on feature design, architectural decisions, and assessing technical debt
- Working with cutting-edge tools and services like Terraform to shape our AWS infrastructure or DataDog to visualise our metrics
- Shaping our coding guidelines and quality standards
Come on join us!
Make a real impact in the world in a meaningful way at a company that values its employees.
- We’re driven by a bold challenge: Everyone learning languages
- Diversity is our strength - we are a vibrant international company with people from over 50 different nationalities
- We’re a learning company - we provide opportunities for employees to level-up through our Babbel Academy
- We have a lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours
- We offer great company benefits e.g. 30 days holidays, a high-end company bike or BVG ticket, a budget for external training, fresh fruit & drinks
Questions about a career at Babbel? Contact us!