← Back to all jobs
Lead Software Engineer
This job offer is expired
- We’re looking for engineers who can work across the stack, and move fluidly between backend, frontend, data science, machine learning, and infrastructure. If you don’t have experience in all of those categories but are willing to learn, we'd still love for you to apply!
- We’re a new division within an established, global company. You’ll be getting in on the ground floor, as a foundational employee to lead and execute Sodatone’s vision. You'll be leading the design and implementation of mission-critical projects from start to finish, speaking directly with users, and learning a ton along the way.
- With its broad roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Atlantic, Asylum, Cordless, East West, Elektra, Nonesuch, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Rykodisc, Sire, Warner Bros. and Word, as well as Warner/Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
- Sodatone itself is a small, founder-led team of engineers that happens to love music. The complex engineering problems you’ll solve with us will directly influence culture and impact the music billions of people listen to everyday.
- Our team works out of the Warner Music Canada office in Toronto.
- Backend: Ruby on Rails
- Frontend: React, jQuery, HTML5, CCS3
- Machine learning: Tensorflow, Keras, Python, GPUs
- Multi-TB PostgreSQL database with data on millions of artists and billions of data points
- Redis for caching and job queues
- Cloud hosting on AWS and Azure; Ubuntu systems
- Lead the design and implementation of new features for the Sodatone Platform, based on feedback you collect from users
- Develop novel, large-scale data ingestion and processing pipelines to power both the Platform and AI
- Build nimble and delightful UIs that make your advanced data processing algorithms seem effortless
- Extract insights from data through statistical analyses and, when you’re ready, new neural network architectures
- Scale Sodatone’s storage infrastructure and applications to support our global userbase
- Be both a creative/product and technical contributor, taking on leadership roles as we grow
- 2+ years of practical experience and proficiency with a high-level programming language and SQL
- Strong understanding of the infrastructure involved in deploying data-intensive web applications that scale
- Proven ability to prototype, ask for feedback, incorporate usage metrics, and iterate quickly
- Experience interacting with 3rd party APIs and efficiently handling large datasets
- Strong design, product and user experience intuition
- A love of music!
Bonus Points For
- Experience with AWS or Azure
- Experience with an MVC application framework (we use Rails)
- A body of work (not necessarily open source) that you’d be proud to show us during an interview, preferably one that’s reached real users
- Ideally, you’ve built an exciting SaaS product and loved the satisfaction that comes with knowing that people around the world are using what you’ve created