Senior Software Engineer - Help Provide Opportunities to Aspiring Young Adults
This job offer is expired
Our company is expanding access and opportunity for deserving university students and young professionals in the UK. We are currently accepting applications for full-stack senior level software engineering professionals to join our team in Chicago to help us do this.
As part of the Engineering team, you will be responsible for building out new products and transitioning the existing tech stack to be more scalable and growth-oriented to help the company provide services to an order of magnitude more students.
We want creative, proactive, and professional software engineers who have deep knowledge and expertise in software engineering and who believe in automation and tooling as a critical part of the software lifecycle. Technology is the core of our business and a key driver of our future, so we need people who can drive technological innovation and solutions.
As a senior member of our team, you must be a leader with both strong programming skills and a creative, user-focused mindset. You must be able to drive a project from a simple idea to a successful implementation.
This role will report to the Lead Software Engineer.
- Lead engineering efforts from design to implementation to deployment
- Drive adoption of best practices in software engineering, development productivity, and maintainability
- Analyze and decompose complex software systems and collaborate with cross-functional teams to influence design for engineering excellence
- Full stack application development of our student lending product
- Work with the business to leverage software technology for the largest customer impact
- Design and build advanced automated development, build, test, release and monitoring infrastructure
- Collaborate with a geographically diverse team in Dublin and Chicago to solve complex technical challenges
- Proven software development skills building large scale web applications with full-stack experience
- Experience with designing, building and deploying scalable and highly available systems
- Well-rounded engineering skills
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to work well with people
- Personal initiative in learning new technologies
- Experience using SQL and Relational Databases
- Degree in Computer Science, Maths, or other related field or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of software development experience
Nice to Have Skills
- Experience working in financial services or FinTech
- Experience working in fast-paced startup environments
- Extensive knowledge of Unix/Linux environments
- Master’s/PhD in Computer Science, Maths, or related field
- Experience and knowledge in building large automated industrial systems
- Experience using PostgreSQL or other Relational Databases
- In-depth knowledge of statically typed functional programming languages: Haskell, OCaml, F#, etc
- Experience working in development team(s) that have delivered commercial software or software-based services
- Comfort with functional programming and/or robust type systems
- Experience working in highly regulated industries