Senior Software Engineer for growing, innovative startup
This job offer is expired
About this role
Kudos is a start-up innovating in the digital publishing space, focused on helping researchers demonstrate and increase the influence of their work.
Some of the aspects we deal with as an engineering team
- Ingesting data from publishers and processing that data efficiently
- Analysis of data large enough to be non-trivial
- Ensuring our users experience on the site is wonderful, with great design and performant code
- Monitoring our infrastructure and ensuring that we can scale to serve our users
- Enabling our users to track the impact of sharing their work across multiple social media channels
- Creating intelligent recommendations for our users
Skills & Requirements
The following attributes are critical to the role
- You are an expert in the tools and processes of modern software development: from the languages you use, to source control with Git, to your favourite IDE or editor, to using agile development processes.
- You write understandable, fully tested code, always thinking about maintainability.
- You have built and shipped several commercial software products and have learnt something new from each of those experiences.
- You can lead technical discussions, from low level to architecture, and can help drive technical decisions.
- You can communicate well with both engineers and other members of the business.
- You are able to choose the correct technology for the job, assessing risk, productivity gains and long term strategic goals.
Any of the following experiences would be really useful
- Mentoring other developers.
- Analysis of data big enough to be non-trivial.
- Working within a Continuous Delivery focused environment.
- Experience of working with a cloud provider such as AWS or GCP.
- Working with containers in a production environment.