Full Stack Engineer - Ruby on Rails/React
This job offer is expired
We’re looking for a full-stack product engineer to contribute to the development and future iteration of our current product platform and feature set, including but not limited to our admissions and intake process as well as our custom platform for hosting our participants’ educational and social experience.
This person will be joining the team as one of the first engineering hires and will be integral in growing the culture of our engineering team.
This person needs to know how to collaborate and communicate with non-technical team members and take ideas and input and turn them into reality. The right person will enter our fast-paced environment and quickly build strong relationships with the team and make contributions to our growing platform.
This is a full-time role based out of our New York headquarters.
- You’ll work with our product managers and design team to translate technical requirements into code, consult on prioritization of platform features, and build and refine new features.
- You’ll be a master of focus, skillfully deploying new features and releases as we look to rapidly grow our proprietary platform
- A minimum of 2-4 years of experience in software design, software development & architecture
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices
- Experience in agile teams with working knowledge on how work gets from ideation to production
- Experience with product and marketing engineering
- Strong focus on clean code and robust design with a focus on reusability and iteration
- Excellent Ruby on Rails experience
- Experience with Rails as an API
- Strong familiarity with React, or a similar front-end framework.
- Good Front End development skills
- Experience in relational databases and data modeling
- Familiarity with how servers, load balancers, and routing works in the internet
- Heroku experience (AWS experience a plus)
- Experience with CRM integration is a strong plus but not a hard requirement
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
YOU MAY BE A GOOD FIT IF YOU...
- Are excited and empowered by a mission-driven company & culture of building products and tools that positively impact the well-being of our students and users
- Are a demonstrated and celebrated teammate & leader - someone whom your previous teams would love to work with again.
- Are a hustler - you love the early-stage process of product development and enjoy owning the larger goal.
- Are able to balance vision with details and impending deadlines - you embrace a “ship fast” mentality
- Are a great partner-in-crime - you can think at a strategic level as a co-conspirator and thought partner for your colleagues, manager, and everyone you interact with.