Degica is a payments and game focused company. We are best known for publishing the RPG Maker franchise and various shooting games, but we also have also had a thriving payments platform that both small and large companies are utilizing for payments in Japan and Korea.
As we begin to expand our user base, we encounter challenges of scale, adopting new architectures, and refactorings that pay dividends in the long run. We are heavily invested in the stability of our platform, but also the health of our codebase. If this sounds like you and would like to join a team of skilled, dedicated engineers who all contribute to the direction of the product -- let’s talk!
At Degica we believe in a flat, inclusive engineering culture that is constantly evaluating itself. We believe that each team member brings something unique to the team and that the way we develop is ever evolving as we continue to grow. We’re largely a self-organizing engineering culture, which means engineers have both stake and ownership in what they work on at Degica. Engineers play to their strengths but are also able to invest in areas where they want to grow within the team.
- Understand product goals and feature requests and translate them into working software
- Support team members through code review and architecture discussions
- Write tests that validate the stability and correctness of implementations
- Handle refactorings with both bravery and care
Skills & Requirements
- Strong Ruby and general software engineering skills
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- Experience writing automated tests ( Rspec, minitest )
- Self-motivated, and can contribute without much supervision
- Experience working with git and version control
- Experience with relational databases such as MySQL or Postgres
- Japanese fluency
- DevOps or product management experience
- Open Source experience
- Fast growing company in the software and games industry
- All national holidays observed
- One week of summer vacation in addition to regular vacation
- Opportunities to travel to developer and partner conferences
- Motorized sitting/standing desks
7,500,000 - 10,000,000 yen / year
Includes (rough estimate of) profit share. Based on experience and skill level