Language Agnostic Backend Developer
You will help us to move away from a eCommerce shop to a micro service driven tech platform. Our plan for 2018 is to build a platform from scratch which interacts with our new shop and partners via APIs. This is a great opportunity for a hard-working, team-oriented self-starter to make a substantial impact on our business growth. You will experience supportive team members and the freedom to use your technical expertise and initiative to achieve shared goals. This position requires strong organizational skills, multi-tasking, critical thinking and enthusiasm for achieving company and self-oriented goals.
What we offer
We offer you the opportunity to be part of an international team who is not afraid of learning on a everyday basis. You will have the possibility to experiment with new technologies and the freedom to choose your own equipment and software (Linux or Mac) in a supportive environment where proposals for change and suggestions for improvements are encouraged. In addition, we can offer you flexible working hours, an informal working environment with flat hierarchy, and a competitive salary. You will also enjoy our BBQ’s and events together with the caseable team.
Skills & Requirements
Your most important skill ...
- Code according to industry and team standards, adhering to good practices
- Write maintainable code with extensive test coverage, ideally TDD
- Work with source control, dev/stage/prod release cycle and continuous integration
- Actively involved in the code and functional reviews of fellow developer’s work
- Able to spot logic and functional issues and effectively communicate feedback
- Actively engage with team members to discuss backlog items, design issues, and best coding practices
- Create technical documentation in our development Wiki
- Optimize application for maximum speed, scalability and maintainability
- Collaborate with other team members, stakeholders and Product Owner
- Working and developing REST APIs.
Skills & Experience
- Backend development, independent of the programming language
- Unit testing, automated tests, TDD
- Database knowledge (SQL and NoSQL)
- Good knowledge of HTTP and RESTful APIs
- Adherence to good practices and standards
- Focus on quality, maintainability, readability, scalability and performance
- Likes to work in an international team
- Enjoys pair programming, code reviews and knowledge sharing
- Good English skills (written and verbal)
Good to have:
- Continuous Integration
- Microservices architecture
- Monitoring tools (NewRelic, Kibana, Graylog, PagerDuty, etc)
- Scrum, Kaban
- Jira, Confluence