Software Engineer, Product
Code Climate is the world’s largest engineering intelligence platform, helping over 100,000 developers, and thousands of engineering teams improve the efficacy of their people, process, and code. Our customers are prominent and visionary software organizations, and they challenge us to build a better product every single day.
We recently launched our second product, Velocity, to great fanfare. Looking at the exciting journey ahead, we are very thrilled to recruit more engineers to join our mission to provide superpowers for engineering teams.
Examples of problems you'll be solving:
- You will work across the stack to deliver new features for Quality and Velocity.
- You will collaborate with Product and Design to develop engaging and usable UIs for both our products.
- You will improve the performance of our scaling platform.
- You will monitor all of the above in a scalable way. We all do ops, so we depend on automation.
- You will contribute to our agile development process by participating in code reviews, stand-ups, sprint planning, and retrospectives.
- You will develop your solution incrementally and deploy often, sometimes several times a day, using CI/CD.
- You will interact with a wide range of technologies like AWS, Docker, Kafka, MongoDB and more!
You are awesome because:
- You have 2+ years of software engineering experience and are comfortable writing code in Ruby (and using Rails).
- You are passionate about building maintainable, efficient, clean code.
- You have a strong sense of product and empathy for the human who is using it.
- You care about fostering a positive and collaborative environment.
- You are able to work independently on a project while effectively explaining your decisions and documenting them.
- You are always learning and excited to grow.
- Bonus points If you've been part of a team that works on large-scale distributed systems.
Working at Code Climate
- Join a small team of around twenty people who enjoy what they do.
- Competitive salary and meaningful stock options.
- Flexible and generous paid time off including an open vacation policy and parental leave.
- Health, dental and vision insurance. We pay 100% of the premium for employees and 50% of the premium for dependents.
- Take advantage of a change of pace of during our regular hack weeks and occasional company retreats
- Opportunities to continue your professional development, including attending conferences and Code Climate book clubs
- Dog-friendly office stocked with snacks, drinks and cold-brew iced coffee.
Code Climate is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with our mission of serving a diverse and global audience, we value a diverse workforce and inclusive culture which reflects that. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.Apply now