SOFTWARE ENGINEER III (Ruby on Rails)
This job offer is expired
Reporting to the Sr. Manager of Software Engineering, the Software Engineer III is responsible for supporting the implementation and maintenance of our products.
- Implement new features using code that emphasize clarity, robustness, and maintainability.
- Maintain and support existing features.
- Able to contribute to complex software projects and releases with limited manager support
- An emphasis on testing quality and coverage.
- Share regularly with others through pairing and code reviews.
- Support team planning efforts assessing technical feasibility of new product features.
- Mentors junior engineers
- Able to communicate effectively with different audiences and can work collaboratively and constructively with others in the team and broader organization.
- Rotating on-call duties with other team members.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- A test-centric approach to development, especially using Rspec, to build and deploy with confidence.
- Comfortable at the command line, and with advanced git features.
- Has shipped software that required multiple teams and collaboration to achieve success.
- Familiar with the Ruby and Rails communities -- you stay on top of current news and changes to the language and framework landscape.
- Acted as a mentor or team lead to more junior engineers.
- Books like Sandi Metz's POODR and 99 Bottles of OOP sit on your digital bookshelf and you've read and generally agree with the ideas and approaches in each.
- Have participated in an organization using an Agile-based approach to software delivery
The above statements are neither intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be a listing of all of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job. This job description is not a contract of employment, either express or implied. Employment with Cofense will be voluntarily entered into and your employment is considered at will. Cofense reserves the right to alter the job description at any time without notice.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelors degree preferred
- At least 5+ years of professional experience in software engineering preferred.
- At least 1 year of recent production experience developing Rails applications.
- Experience with Ruby and Ruby on Rails.
- Experience with relational databases and SQL outside of ORMs like ActiveRecord
Cofense is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis [protected class] including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable national, federal, state or local laws and ordinances. We adhere to these commitments in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, benefits, and discipline.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information.