← Back to all jobs
Senior Ruby on Rails Programmer
This job offer is expired
Steve Jobs once made his legendary pitch to then Pepsi president John Sculley by saying: "Do you want to sell sugared water for the rest of your life? Or do you want to come with me and change the world?" At our Vancouver-based software company InputHealth, we ask if you want to build trivial products for the rest of your life, or do you want to build software that will save lives?
We're looking to hire a full-stack developer that will help us on our quest to build on and improve our ground-breaking collaborative health record platform. We are looking for candidates that love to code. Do you crawl GitHub looking for the next cool framework, library, or tool? It will be your job to work on a variety of projects, from implementing interactive front-ends to architecting and building back-end solutions. The ideal candidate will be well versed in the full web stack, and appreciate building excellent user experiences.
- 3+ year development experience with emphasis on programming in Ruby on Rails
- Experience using JS Frameworks/Libraries (Vue.js, Backbone.js, Underscore.js).
- Solid understanding of cross-browser/platform issues and solutions.
- Passion for good design and usability on the web
- Personable and good communication skills (we're a young, dynamic team of self-starters).
Nice to have:
- Previous remote work experience with good reference(s)
- Familiarity with Git/Github
- Familiarity with Swift, Objective-C, or any mobile app development
To be considered:
- Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume
- Bonus points for link to your Github account or code samples that show a thoughtful solution to a unique problem.
- Only principals, no recruiters or agencies please
More remote rails jobs
Full Stack Developer Upstack Technologies, Inc.
Senior full-stack software engineer - JS + Ruby Sticker Mule
Senior Software Engineer Instructure
Ruby on Rails Engineer (UK) Safeguarding Monitor