Full Stack Engineer (Ruby/NodeJS/React)
This job offer is expired
Whether on the go, in the subway or at home on the sofa, Babbel supports those who enjoy learning outside of work or school. Since its founding in 2007, the company has grown to become the market leader in app based language learning. In total, Babbel offers 14 learning languages, from English to Indonesian. Professional courses are readily available via the Babbel website as well as on your smartphone or tablet. At Babbel, more than 500 team members from over 42 different countries work hard to set standards for creating a new learning experience.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer(Full-stack) to join our Team in Berlin!
We are looking for smart and curious minds who can share in our goal of widening access to language learning. In your role as a Software Engineer, you care about maintaining a clean code base and strive for technical excellence in the build of our product. Above all else, you are always personally learning and developing, and you have the maturity and technical artistry to make timely and sustainable contributions.
- Deliver high quality web applications from designing and iterating new features into production in short sprint cycles
- Independently build, maintain and take on ownership of complex software modules and services
- Collaborate cross-functionally to inform API design and architectural decisions
- Maintain and make use of a good overview of the overall technology stack and infrastructure
- Shape, facilitate and survey coding guidelines and quality standards
- Manage technical debt
- Independently focus on continuous learning and improvement and drive the evolution of our engineering practices
- 5+ years experience in software development
- Experience with Ruby (RoR) and node.js in building web applications
- Experience in building prototypes for quick market fit evaluations
- Experience in building scalable distributed systems and architectures
- Experience in refactoring and methodologies of managing and driving down technical debt
- Experience in testing on different levels: unit, integration, contract and E2E
- Experience in using cloud services, ideally AWS
- Excellent communication skills in terms of moderating dialogues and managing conflicts
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Nice to have:
- Experience with NoSQL databases, especially DynamoDB
- Base knowledge of statistics like mean, median and percentile
- Experience with Terraform
- Work within a high-performing team at Babbel.
- A steep learning-curve – personally and professionally.
- A challenging environment and a lot of responsibility to prove your skills.
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours.
- A vibrant international company with people from over 42 different nationalities.
- Great company benefits (high-end company bike, fresh fruit & drinks).
Questions about a career at Babbel? Contact us! +49 (0) (151 2051 6139 or get in touch with Tamara Menendez (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.