Engineering Lead (Ruby on Rails, React)
This job offer is expired
BCG Digital Ventures is a start-up incubator, part of the Boston Consulting Group. We launched an online marketplace in 2017 with the aim of transforming the steel industry, making the process of sourcing, comparing and buying steel a more efficient and smooth process, anytime, anywhere.
We're hiring for an Engineering Lead for the venture, to oversee all internal development initiatives, sprints and activities of the engineering team. You'll be responsible for the architecture and strategy, and collaborate with the Product Lead to ensure we're providing the best product and service to our customers.
What will the role involve?
- Supporting and leading the engineering team, to ensure the venture delivers on their business growth strategy
- Leading the architecture and implementation of scaleable and maintainable front and back end services
- Building a smooth, stable product, working in Ruby on Rails, React, AWS and more
- Communicating ideas with cross-functional teams in an effective manner
- Sharing technical solutions and product ideas through design reviews, pair programming, code reviews and tech discussions
What are we looking for?
- Excellent software development experience, with Ruby on Rails and ideally React
- An understanding of ecommerce and internet security is ideal
- Ability to oversee quality control
- A collaborative approach, able to communicate with peers in product, design and commercial, and mentor and grow a team
- Awareness and appreciation of best practice, i.e. TDD
Our tech stack:
- Ruby on Rails, React, AWS, ES6, Terraform