Senior Web Developer (Ruby, Elixir)
This job offer is expired
As a Senior Web Developer, your should have an epic passion for technology, an obsession for quality, the experience of 5 years or more, preferably be a Ruby master.
As a Senior web developer in Mindvalley you can expect to grow with an international team and work with state of the art tools and techniques. You will have the opportunity to work with different technologies and bring your ideas to the table to constantly improve the way we do things.
Here in Mindvalley we focus a lot on quality and we make sure our features are well tested and match our quality standards before they are pushed out to production. Since Mindvalley is a company invested in people personal development, you can expect that this learning mindset is also applied to the way we work.
As a senior you will have the opportunity to grow in 2 directions: grow your technical skills and, if it's your ambition, also grow as a people mentor or team leader. Both career paths are open!
- Develop interactive, stable, high-quality web applications through the use of HTML/HTML5, CSS3, jQuery and Ruby on Rails for all web mediums;
- Work closely in functional scrum units to execute the vision of the business leaders in terms of functionality and user experience;
- Provide solutions, develop and maintains websites, and other related internal and external activities;
- Helps develop IT requirements for web applications including overall tech strategy for the company;
- Responds rapidly to continuous changes and real-time updates required to websites;
- Conduct internal training & knowledge sharing regularly;
- Mentor junior developers to increase their code quality and productivity.
- 5+ years of experience with your favourite language(s) - preferably Ruby and/or Elixir;
- Understand current web development standards & software development paradigms;
- Proven track record of successfully delivering high quality web software at scale;
- Excellent root cause analysis problem solving skills;
- Strong interpersonal, communications and presentation skills;
- Proficient analytical skills;
- Excellent in both team work and independent delivery;
- Works well under pressure developing key features for high volume business critical financial systems.
Nice to have:
- Experience managing team of 3-5 members is a plus.
- Good understanding of program/project management techniques and styles.