Experienced Ruby on Rails Developer - help us change the world of health care
This job offer is expired
We are recruiting on behalf of Avail, a company that is helping reduce the time it takes for people to recover from mental and physical ailments by leveraging big data and machine learning to identify health trends and patterns and connect people to the right care even before they know they need it.
We are looking for an engineer that prides themselves on the code they write and is capable of breaking up big problems into bite sized portions of work. The Avail platform is built using Ruby on Rails, Elixir & Phoenix using Phoenix and Vue.js for HTML templating. You will work alongside other senior engineers to continue to build on the core platform and adding new functionality.
What you will actually be doing:
- Deliver well thought out code on a regular basis
- Take part in and lead code design discussions
- Employ TDD to unit and E2E tests to ensure delivered features work as expected
- Explore, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Troubleshoot issues and bugs and improve application performance.
- Assist and mentor junior and intermediate level engineers
- Substantial experience working with frontend and backend technologies to build APIs or web apps
- Significant experience with Ruby on Rails or Elixir and Phoenix experience
- Experience with a front end framework (e.g. Vue.js, Angular, React, etc.)
- Firm understanding of TDD and unit tests
- Experience with HTML, CSS, jQeury
- Experience with functional programming
Would be nice if you had:
- Experience with Vue.js
- Experience with Elixir
- Experience with distributed systems
- Dev-ops chops
What's the hiring process like:
- Start with a meeting with the CTO, and one of the Co-Founders.
- We may give you a small coding challenge to work on in preparation for a follow-up conversation.
- One follow-up call or meeting, depending on how the first two steps go.
From start to finish, the entire process shouldn't take more than 2 weeks depending on your schedule and availability.
Thank you for checking out our posting and considering this opportunity!