Sr. Software Development Engineer
Interested in working on the very core of AWS/EC2? Does solving large scale technical problems appeal to you? Do you want to work on products that have great impact to AWS customers and cloud computing?
The EC2 Control Plane Capacity team owns designing, building, provisioning and managing the servers which host the services which run EC2. The team solves challenging problems related to "running EC2 on EC2" dealing with circular dependencies and failure recovery scenarios. We are looking for talented and innovative senior software engineers with strong systems/operating systems experience to join us to build the world’s best compute cloud.
Responsibilities include leading the design and implementation of software services for server provisioning; designing solutions which allow EC2 to runs its control plane on EC2 instances; working with other engineers in AWS service teams to improve service scalability and performance.
Join us in Seattle! Amazon offers relocation packages!
- 8+ years of hands on software development in any of these languages: Java/Python/Ruby/C/C++/C#
- Strong experience with backend software development
- Strong understanding of DNS, DHCP, TCPIP, Process Automation
- Strong experience working with Linux operating systems
- Strong knowledge of server hardware and architecture
- BS in Computer Science, or equivalent
- Knowledge of hypervisors (such as Xen and HyperV)
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS- Experience with Linux operating systems internals- Experience with architecting server configuration and maintenance at scale- Experience with developing cloud technologies- Experience with orchestration of failure recovery scenariosApply now