Software Engineer, Resound Integrations #201-19
This job offer is expired
This full stack software engineering role will work within an agile team to integrate and support Resound applications for external organizations. The technology will be maintained and supported as a Resound project by Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR") and deployed to many other organizations. This engineer will work in a technical capacity to write code that integrates the Resound product with other software stacks. This position requires a significant amount of traveling within the United States.
This is a temporary full-time grant funded position for approximately one year.
Application deadline: April 30, 2019 (10:00 pm PST)
- Respond to daily production priorities and development request
- Travel and work with external development teams on integration strategies
- Develop webhooks, handlers, and scripts for integration
- Aid the community in deployment tasks
- Respond to Open Source community issues
- Write automated tests to ensure code maintainability
- Coordinate with other developers to ensure code maintainability
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent working experience on web applications (4+ years)
- Comfortable working in a *nix environment
- Container deployment
- Maintained a codebase for 2 years
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Solid oral and written communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and remotely with little supervision
- Ruby on Rails or similar backend framework
- Docker or a similar container platform
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Audio web applications
- AWS deployment
- Experience maintaining a high-traffic application
- Familiarity with digital news or public media
- Open Source Software contributor or maintainer
Reporting to This Position:
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Required to occasionally move about in an office environment to access file cabinets, printers, etc., and remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and printer.
- Required to move about in the community
- Frequent use of hands for data entry/keystrokes and simple grasping.
- Reach with hands and arms
- Balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch
- Working Conditions:
- Travel up to 30% of the time.
- Moderate noise level
- Occasional exposure to prevalent weather conditions.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to hiring a breadth of diverse professionals and encourage members of diverse groups to apply.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro